Association of Imathia’s Agricultural Cooperatives – Producers Organization (ASIAC) – Coordinator from Greece
The Association of Imathia’s Agricultural Cooperatives (Leader of the action) is an Association of Cooperatives-Producers Organization established by the 8 largest Agricultural Cooperatives of Greece.
The Association, as well as its Cooperatives are all located in Imathia, Greece and it consists of the following members-cooperatives:
- AC NAOUSSA
- ASEPOP NAOUSA
- AC MESSI
- AC MELIKI
- AC AMMOU “NEOS ALIAKMON”
- AC EPISKOPI
- ASOP EPISKOPI
- AC VEROIAS “VENUS GROWERS”
The Association exports in many countries and some of them are Germany, UK, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine etc.
The capacity of the Association of Imathia’s Agricultural Cooperatives places the Association to one of the most major players in the International Fruit Market:
- 8 Processing Facilities (processing, sorting and packaging) for Fresh Fruits
- 14 Processing Lines (processing, sorting and packaging) for Fresh Fruits
- 3.000 Farmers
- 8.850 hectares of Cultivating Land
- 28.440 sq.m. of Total Cooling Storage Area
- 29.150.000 kg of Total Cooling Storage Capacity
- 63.000 kg/h Processing Capability (processing, sorting and packaging)
- 96.000 sq of Total Sheltered Area of the Processing Facilities
- 100.000.000 kg of Fresh Fruits exported
- 120.000.000 kg of Fruit Production
All members-cooperatives, in order to ensure the highest quality and food safety, are certified with the most important Quality Certificates such as Global Gap, ISO 22000, BRC and IFS and they follow the food safety specifications of the above-mentioned certificates, as well the European Union’s specifications.